FindaSkip is here to make your skip hire experience quick & easy. Below is a checklist to help you achieve the best results. We would like to highlight one particular mistake that people often make. Don’t think ‘less is more’, think ‘more is more!’. You can save time & money by ordering a skip that is slightly larger than you might need. Ordering a skip that is too small often results in having to order another. The cost of 2 skips at the same yardage as the larger skip will always cost more.
Please also note that it is illegal to overload and transport a skip.
QUICK GUIDE CHECKLIST
1. Congratulations, you’ve already taken the first step…. Booking with us at FindaSkip!
2. What do you need your skip for?
3. Look at our size guide to see various explanations about capacity and waste type and choose the right skip for you.
4. Where is the skip going? Is there sufficient access to the site/property?
- 3 metre minimum width allowance for the vehicle
- obstructing walls
- low hanging wires/cables
- overhanging building parts
- obstructing trees/bushes
- drain/manhole covers
5. If not, do you need a road permit?
6. Remember that 12yard skips and above will not be permitted on the public highway.