- To pass again through a series of changes or treatment
- To remake into something different
- To cause material to be broken down by bacteria and to then reconstitute it
We all have a general idea of what the word ‘recycle’ actually means. Being a part of the process is what really matters.
FindaSkip currently recycles 90% of all materials that arise from its business. We demand the same high standards from all of our skip hire service suppliers.
Items currently recycled include:
- Rigid plastic
- Metal (ferrous & non ferrous)
- PVC-U (windows,doors etc)
- PVC-U (pipes, drainage & guttering)
- VIR electrical wire and cable
- Electrical items
Items that continue to be harder to recycle but are improving are:
As we move forward, more and more innovative ways are being discovered to recycle everyday items. Thanks to these advances, we know that this list will continue to grow. We will continue to do our part in limiting the amount of waste that goes to landfill. By making your booking with FindaSkip, you will also have played an important part in this process.
Here are some recycling facts:
- On average, every person in the UK throws away their own body weight in rubbish every seven weeks.
- Every UK household produces over one tonne of rubbish every year.
- Up to 60% of the rubbish that ends up in the dustbin could be recycled.
- The unreleased energy contained in the average dustbin each year could power a television for 5000 hours.
- The largest lake in the Britain could be filled with rubbish from the UK in eight months.
- As much as 50% of waste in the average dustbin could be composted.